PROGRAMMES / JULY-NOV 2019
Outliers, Rogues, Fugitives and Artists: Mythologies And Futures
ORGANISED BY CENDANA AND VISUAL ART PROGRAMME, CULTURAL CENTRE, UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA
3 AUG 2019, 11:00AM – 4:00PM
A public symposium featuring cultural practitioners and tutors from the US, Hong Kong and Singapore, entitled A Country of Outliers is a one-day session for arts and cultural practitioners to explore imaginative storytelling as approaches for research.
- Jo Kukathas, Malaysia’s pre-eminent writer, director and actress
- Dr Atreyee Gupta, Assistant Professor of Global Modern Art, South and Southeast Asian Art in the History of Art Department at the University of California, Berkeley
- Dr Sugata Ray, Associate Professor of South and Southeast Asian art in the History of Art Department at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Cosmin Costinas, Executive Director and curator of Para Site, Hong Kong
- Inti Guerrero, an art critic and curator based in Hong Kong
- Michelle Kuek, Manager of Education and Outreach in NUS Museum
- Kate Pocklington, a conservator at Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
- Grace Samboh, a curator and researcher based in Jakarta.
Admission is free. For details and registration, please visit https://acfosymposium.peatix.com